Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 36201
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for managing one or more highly complex or enterprise wide IT program(s) consisting of multiple projects. Develops the program strategy, supporting business case, and various enterprise wide high-level project plans. Ensures integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business.
1. Communicates with IT leadership, business leadership, and IT Business Consultants or vendors, to communicate program strategy, direction, and changes. Partners with senior leadership to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing technology to achieve the goals of the organization.
2. Manages all aspects of the design, development, and implementation of the program. Develops the program strategy, supporting business case and various enterprise wide high-level project plans for assigned programs. Ensures integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business. Facilitates and makes trade off decisions between quality, costs, resources, scope and time to market.
3. Recognizes areas for internal improvement and develops plans for implementing them.
4. Responsible for delivering all projects within the program on time, within budget, and meeting the strategic and business requirements.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● Project Management Professional (PMP)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of experience in program management or seven (7) years of experience in project management.
● If an Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of experience in program management or eleven (11) years of experience in project management.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of experience in program management or fifteen (15) years of experience in project management.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Proven ability to lead complex project initiatives, develop and implement program strategies, and manage multiple projects simultaneously is required. Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.