Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 36180
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the installation, configuration, management and support of all desktops, portable computers and related peripherals over a multi-platform network. Ensures end-users? productivity by providing problem solution. Participates in evaluating products in compatibility, flexibility, and ease of use including the design of application options with mainframe applications.
1. Assists in ensuring network security by enforcing passwords, installing virus protection software, encryption technology. Adheres to policies and procedures, creating user-profiles, administers files and folders security and storage capacity.
2. Manages desktop peripheral inventory and assists with asset management. Maintains accurate records for device changes. Updates the inventory system whenever a computer is installed or relocated to provide accurate information.
3. Participates in evaluating products in compatibility, flexibility, and ease of use including the design of application options with mainframe applications.
4. Performs installation and configuration of hardware and software applications.
5. Provides customers with technical support and incident resolution related to hardware and software. Provides initial training to familiarize the customer with the operation of the system. Performs desktop moves in a timely manner, based on user/organization needs.
● Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If an Associate's degree: No prior experience required.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Four (4) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD End User Support
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.