Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 35252
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Position qualifies for our Inpatient Respiratory Care Incentive Program, which includes a $15,000 commitment incentive with a three (3) year commitment which is paid in six installments, relocation assistance (relocation amounts based on location distance) and participation in our employee referral program ($3,000 referral bonus to employees who refer other Respiratory Therapists).
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of a section of the Respiratory Care Department. Employees are responsible for staff supervision and training, budget projection and monitoring, and program development and improvement.
1. Assists with developing/maintaining departmental operating and capital budget.
2. Collaborates with the Department Director and other colleagues in establishing policies and procedures.
3. Identifies and acts on opportunities to improve department and organizational processes using Lean methodologies.
4. Communicates and ensures staff comply with all hospital and departmental policies.
5. Instructs and trains staff in areas of expertise related to Respiratory Care procedures, advances in technology, or changes in policy
6. Provides all facets of Respiratory Care to patients. Promotes own individual clinical expertise to physicians, nurses and Respiratory Care staff in assigned areas.
7. Provides direct supervision to caregivers and support staff. Interviews candidates for hiring, orients and coaches staff. Conducts performance reviews and provides corrective action when appropriate. Keeps/maintains personnel records of direct reports and ensures that they meet work standards.
● Bachelor's degree in a related field.
● Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner by the North Carolina Respiratory Care Board and registered by the National Board of Respiratory Care.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience as a Respiratory Therapist.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Respiratory Therapy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.