Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 38649
Location: Garner, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physician Group Practices
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for supervising clinical staff, maintaining appropriate patient flow, and ensuring compliance with established nursing practices. Ensure appropriate care and services are available to patients and families, adequate and appropriate clinical staffing on each shift. This role will collaborate with the Practice Manager and clinical leadership for assistance with annual performance reviews of staff. Participate in quality improvement initiatives to address identified patient safety or quality of care issues, providing and facilitating an environment conducive to staff continuing education needs, on-going unit-based educational needs and orientation of staff members. Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors. Demonstrates leadership in communication and team work.
1. Patient Care - Coordinates staff schedules, ensures adequate staffing, and provides relief staffing as needed by maintaining current skills and competencies required of other Registered Nurses in the practice. Ensures that appropriate care and services are available to patients / clients and families. Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration in patient/client care planning.
2. Leading Others - Supervises clinical team including licensed and unlicensed clinical staff. Directs patient flow and care. Serves as a resource for clinical decision making and problem solving. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and developing clinical staff. Coordinates and collaborates with regional clinical leadership for orientation, training, and continuing education as well as remedial training and skills development.. Provides staff with annual performance feedback and opportunity to set professional goals. Collaborates with practice and clinical leadership to apply disciplinary action policies appropriately. Counsels staff as needed.
3. Quality Improvement - Leads and participates in quality improvement initiatives that focus on identified patient safety or quality of care deficits. Serves as a liaison between staff, providers, and other departments. Resolves complaints related to patient care and/or elevates appropriately.
4. Compliance: Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics. Recognizes, supports, and utilizes evidence based nursing practices. Ensures compliance is met or exceeded with organizational policies and procedures, and internal /external governmental and/or regulatory standards of nursing practice. Ensures compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including but not limited to CMS, HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures. Identifies and participates in unit based performance improvement activities. Patient care standards will reflect integration of best practice advisories, Board of Nursing, scope of practice limitations, and other specified accrediting bodies.
● Requires BSN
● Current unrestricted NCBON RN LicenseCurrent BCLS training upon hire
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires five (5) years of Nursing experience with one or more years in an ambulatory or outpatient setting – Supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members and staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Critical thinking skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Legal Employer: UNCGP
Entity: UNC Physician Group Practices
Organization Unit: GP Garner Family Practice
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Garner
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by UNC Physicians Network Group Practices, a private, for-profit subsidiary of UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.