Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 36069
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides senior level expertise and guidance in the installation, configuration, management and support of all desktops, portable computers and related peripherals over a multi-platform network. Ensures end-users? productivity by providing problem solution. Participates in evaluating products in compatibility, flexibility, and ease of use including the design of application options with mainframe applications.
1. Ensures network security by enforcing passwords, installing virus protection software, encryption technology. Adheres to policies and procedures, creating user-profiles, administers files and folders security and storage capacity.
2. Evaluates products in compatibility, flexibility, and ease of use including the design of application options with mainframe applications and provides recommendations for new equipment.
3. Installs and configures hardware and standard software applications, as well as assists customers and ISD team on complex resolutions.
4. Manages desktop peripheral inventory and assists with asset management. Maintains accurate records for device changes. Updates the inventory system whenever a computer is installed or relocated to provide accurate information.
5. Provides customers with technical support and incident resolution related to hardware and software. Provides initial training to familiarize the customer with the operation of the system. Performs desktop moves in a timely manner, based on user/organization needs.
6. Serves as subject matter expert for leading the support of system operations including network optimization, planning, design, and engineering for complex projects or high level assignments within the health system?s desktop computing environment. . Assists customers and team members in solving problems and offers suggestions for hardware/software upgrades.
● Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If an Associate's degree: Three (3) years of experience in data processing and hardware/software support.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Seven (7) years of experience in data processing and hardware/software support.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: ISD End User Support
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Holly Springs
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.