Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 37693
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Participates in fulfillment of learning needs related to life safety courses and delivers program to meeting guidelines and organizational mission.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, families, and others.
3. Participate in fulfillment of learning needs related to required life safety courses.
4. Deliver programs to meet curriculum guidelines and organizational mission.
5. Provide feedback on learner satisfaction issues and participates in course debriefings.
6. Participates in content updates as required to maintain instructor status in assigned content area.
7. Prepares records to meet requirements of source organization.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
● BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP, and/or CPI Instructor status required.
● CPI, NRP, PALS, ACLS, BLS preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Minimum two years working experience in a health care occupation or field requiring the utilization of basic life support skills
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. STATISTICAL REPORTING; ANALYZE TRENDS; STATISTICAL ANALYSIS; DATA VERIFICATION; DATA CODING-GENERAL; DATA ANALYSIS/INTERPRETATION. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Clinical Education
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 2.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.