Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 38983
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Manager is responsible for all budget, purchasing, personnel, compliance and facilities planning and administrative functions at the Urgent Care practice level. Incumbents directly or indirectly supervise the non-medical employees in the assigned clinic, and share in the supervision of the nursing staff.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Provides supervision and direction for administrative and clinical employees. Plans, assigns and directs work assignments ensuring adequate and efficient staffing. Interviews, hires, orients and trains employees; evaluates employee performance; rewards and disciplines employees.
3. Provides budgetary planning, implementation, monitoring and tracking of financial data. Provides financial reports on monthly and as needed basis.
4. Establishes clear open communications and builds positive relationships with patients, physicians, staff, director, and peers. Communicates on a regular basis with physicians, director and employees.
5. Develops and implements efficient and effective systems and processes. Analyses clinic functions to ensure that patient service and financial viability are the primary focus. Proactively develops systems and processes anticipating patient/internal/external customer needs.
6. Ensures appropriate ordering, receiving and utilization of all supplies and medications.
7. Identifies staff educational needs. Responsible for staff education and compliance with all safety procedures including conducting emergency drills on a periodic basis.
8. Develops, implements, administers, maintains policies and procedures consistent with the practice and the organization. Monitors and addresses compliance policies and procedures.
9. Coordinates, leads, and participates in the performance improvement activities for the practice. Ensures adherence/compliance with standards for such as OSHA, JCAHO, infection control, and safety and security protocols.
10. Evaluates and reports on periodic basis patient and staff satisfaction implementing programs/measures for maintenance and improvement. Addresses comments/complaints in a timely and effective manner.
11. Manages multiple urgent care sites.
● Bachelor's degree
● NC RN License
● Certification in nursing specialty required. i.e. CNML, CEN, NE-BC, RN-BC
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two to four years experience in a healthcare setting
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients and employees, and the general public. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Spread sheet skills strongly preferred. REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Carolina Pointe Urg Care
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by UNC Physicians Network Group Practices, a private, for-profit subsidiary of UNC Health Care System.
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.