Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 38969
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Telehealth Patient Care Technician is the first
point of contact for the patient community and is a key role for successful patient virtual care. This position provides
technical & visit preparation support to patients in a virtual care
setting. This role assists patients to ensure they are prepared for their
virtual visit with guidance on navigating through My UNC Chart and technical
support for video and phone connection. The position requires some
medical/clinical background including but not limited to CMA, CNA, EMT, medical
technician, etc.. The Coordinator will assist with routine clinical support for
video visits in accordance with their medical/clinical training level.
1. Ensures excellent customer service by consistently demonstrating a caring, positive, professional, and helpful disposition with all customer relations. Meets call quality standards.
2. Works with clinic and or work queue to schedule patient support calls prior to video visit.
3. Assists with My UNC Chart set up and patients’ navigation as needed.
4. Guides patients through process expected on day of virtual visit.
5. Tests audio, video connection, network bandwidth connection with patients.
6. Advises patients on best conditions to perform video visit; recommends telephone or in-person visit if requirements for successful video visit are not met.
7. Provides overview of patient guidelines for video visits.
8. Provides on-demand technology support & trouble shooting for patients when needed.
9. Ensures and verifies key patient information (insurance verification, patient and guarantor demographics, etc.) is current and accurate to ensure patient safety, charging, coding, insurance processing, and billing accuracy.
10. Tracks and documents patient support sessions.
11. May perform rooming and/or intake process pending clinical background. If appropriate for clinical training, may perform intake process including collecting patient reported data and documenting in medical record. Data may include vital signs, height, weight, and data related to patient’s reason for visit. Additionally, may collect patient and family data, including medical and social history. May review patient’s current medication list, allergies and preferred pharmacy. May reviews the patient record to determine whether patient requires any routine health screenings.
12. Enhances co-worker satisfaction by being self-motivated, a positive communicator, team player, and a willing and approachable resource to other co-workers.
13. Embraces continuous improvement.
14. Communicates cancellations to clinic as necessary. 15. Additional Essential Responsibilities of Coordinator may include: Serving in a preceptor role for new hires.
● Requires high school diploma or GED.
● Clinical certification to include but not limited to EMT, LPN, CNA, CMA required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prefer candidates with completion of clinical training.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to perform the essential functions of the position as outlined above.
● Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
● Demonstrated ability to engage positively with patients and families and to work as a team with staff and providers.
● •bility to use a computer to document required information into the electronic medical record.
● Ability to use computer to document required information in excel.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Virtual Care Center - Admin
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Hybrid - 1/2 Time in person at Parkline - 1/2 Work from home
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.