Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 39615
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Part Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Housekeeping positions provide a clean, sanitary and aesthetically pleasing environment to the patients, visitors and staff of UNC Hospitals. These positions clean and disinfect all areas of the hospital according to prescribed procedures and standards. These positions do not provide any direct patient care.
1. Cleans (dusts, disinfects, mops, restocks, pulls trash and inspects) occupied patient rooms
2. Cleans discharge rooms in a timely manner for incoming patients
3. Cleans support areas and critical care areas such as nurses stations, lounges, intensive care units and isolation rooms
4. Enters data into the bed tracking system.
5. Inspect ancillary and patient areas and projects.
6. May serve as a team leader who plans and schedules tasks, makes work assignments, trains staff, controls bed tracking and inspects all areas throughout the hospital.
7. Strip, wax, dust mop and damp mop floors. Vacuum, bonnett and extract carpets.
8. Trains and instructs new housekeepers in proper hospital policies and procedures.
● None required.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Environmental Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.