Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 38175
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the independent operation of diagnostic medical equipment to expose complex
diagnostic conditions, and for performing and communicating results of
diagnostic examinations for a variety of ob/gyn scanning procedures
(fetal echo, fetal anomalies, high risk obstetrics).
1. Assists the radiologist in performing invasive diagnostic techniques specialized to maternal fetal ultrasound processes. Provides standardization and training to residents regarding these exams.
2. Consults with patient and evaluates any contra-indications, such as medications, insufficient patient preparation or the patient’s inability, or unwillingness to tolerate the procedure.
3. Performs the ultrasound procedure under general or direct supervision, as defined by the procedure and/or physician. Performs essential maternal-fetal ultrasound examinations, such as; detailed anatomical evaluation, complete fetal echocardiogram, growth assessment, fetal wellbeing (to include biophysical profiles, maternal/fetal Doppler, amniotic fluid assessments), needle procedure guidance, examinations of maternal pelvic anatomy (including transvaginal cervical assessment) and advanced diagnostic 3D/4D techniques.
4. Conducts ultrasonic diagnostic procedures and records anatomical, pathological and/or physiological data for interpretation by a physician.
5. Assists the supervising physician with invasive procedures as required. Analyzes sonography findings throughout the course of the examination so that a comprehensive exam is completed and sufficient data is provided to the physician.
6. Recognizes situations or abnormalities that require the direct observation of the real-time scan by the radiologist.
7. Images structures while simultaneously obtaining Doppler signal and recording images and Doppler shift recordings along with patient information for interpretation by a radiologist.
8. Advises radiologist and/or referring OB provider of results of the examination and provides preliminary information regarding diagnostic evaluation of the maternal-fetal scans.
Coverage would include Vilcom, Rex, Weaver Crossing and Panther Creek.
● Completion of a twelve (12) month program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography / General Ultrasound or equivalent certificate program is required.
● Must be American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) Registered in OB and OB GYN and Fetal Echocardiography (FE).
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience performing complex ob/gyn or vascular scans.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: UNC MFM at Vilcom Center
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary Range: $29.98 - $37.48 per hour (minimum to midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity.
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.