Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 39774
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provide financial oversight, reporting and analysis for designated physician practice groups.
1. In conjunction with the Executive Leadership Committee, the position will lead development and monitoring of all aspects of annual financial planning (budget) for designated physician practice operations. Analyze physician practice performance and present findings at month-end close, as well as to the practice leadership. Oversees accounts payable process for designated physician practices.
2. Develop financial projections and forecasting to assist in the strategic planning for designated physician practices. Develop strategic and financial plans to achieve measurable results that align with the physician practice goals and objectives. Develop and maintain comprehensive monthly performance reporting package including but not limited to revenue cycle operations and financial performance.
3. Responsible for designated physician practice's revenue cycle. Revenue Cycle. Oversee billing service operations to ensure optimal revenue outcomes. Identifies revenue cycle process improvement opportunities and works with the practice and UNC HCS Revenue Cycle division to implement process enhancements. Helps to ensure contract compliance (payment rates, other terms); maintains a working knowledge of government payer regulations (Medicare, Medicaid, TriCare). Ensure RAC and other regulatory compliance readiness.
4. Develop and maintain provider compensation plans and associated reporting process. Educate providers about their compensation plan, answer provider questions, and address concerns about potential errors.
5. Work closely with leadership on financial policies and procedures, process improvement initiatives, and system applications enhancements. Develop and maintain internal controls.
● Masters of Business (MBA).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● In lieu of education, six to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents and instructions. Ability to write financial reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with executive staff, department managers and accounting department staff. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as addition, subtraction, percentages, and division. Ability to work with complex formulas, statistical methods, and exponential relationships. Ability to structure mathematical formulas from spoken instructions. REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Administration Staff
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.