Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 39774
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provide financial oversight, reporting and analysis for UNC Physicians Network.
1. Lead development and monitoring of all aspects of annual financial plan (budget) for physician practices. Analyze physician performance and present findings at month-end close.
2. Develop financial projections and forecasting to assist in the strategic planning for the Rex physician practices. Develop strategic and financial plans to achieve measurable results which align with the physicians' goals and objectives. Develop and maintain comprehensive monthly performance reporting package including but not limited to revenue cycle operations and financial performance.
3. Responsible for the physician practice Revenue Cycle process. Oversees billing service operations to ensure optimal revenue outcomes. Identifies revenue cycle process improvement opportunities and works with practices to implement process enhancements. Acts as a managed care liaison to HCS Physician Managed care office; provides input into managed care contracting; helps ensure contract compliance (payment rates, other terms); maintains a working knowledge of government payer regulations (Medicare, Medicaid, TriCare). Ensure RAC readiness.
4. Develop and maintain Physician Compensation Plans and associated reporting process. Educate providers about their compensation plan, answer provider questions, address concerns about potential errors.
5. Serves as a liaison with appropriate UNCHS areas and executives to ensure Rex physician practice process integration within UNC Healthcare. Acts as a consultant to UNCHS management (HR , IS, Corporate Accounting) on related policies and procedures, process improvement initiatives and system applications enhancements.
6. Responsible for the financial modeling of physician practice acquisitions.
● Masters of Business (MBA); six to ten years related experience preferred and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Six to ten years related experience preferred and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. High level Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint training. Demonstrated skill with finacial reporting and modeling experience.
● If a Bachelor's degree: 10 years of experience
● If an Associate's degree: 14 years of experience
● If a High School diploma or GED: 18 years of experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Administration Staff
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Asheville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by UNC Physicians Network Group Practices, a private, for-profit subsidiary of UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.