Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 34183
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs professional level accounting and business functions in centralized Accounting offices or performs institutional functions in a department that are of an accounting or business nature. Incumbents work under the general direction of an administrative superior, independently handling a wide variety of accounting support activities.
The Accounting Specialist will provide services for the Department of Pediatrics. It is essential the selected candidate possess:
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Good foundation in accounting principles and practices;
- Proven written and oral communication skills;
- The ability to work successfully in a team environment;
- Comfort with rapidly changing priorities;
- Ability to multi-task and produce detail-oriented work.
1. Analyzes and interprets data, reports, etc. and makes recommendations based upon results of analysis. Formats reports in easily understood tables or graphs for the purpose of explaining and supporting financial standings or operational decisions.
2. Analyzes financial and operational (Staffing, Administrative, etc. ) trends, prepares budgetary recommendations and provides supporting analysis and guidance to managers to help establish goals and objectives for the work unit or department. Participates in CQI initiatives by interpreting data and making recommendations for operational improvements.
3. Communicates and interprets results of data analysis and/or makes recommendations to other UNCHCS staff, insurance companies, outside agencies, vendors, etc.
4. Maintains and reviews various databases of financial information as received from various sources throughout the Health Care System. Analyzes and ensures integrity of data with regard to GAAP or regulatory guidelines. Brings anomalies and corrective guidance to the attention of appropriate individuals.
5. May provide daily operational or processing guidance to lower level accounting support staff
6. Perform professional accounting functions to ensure compliance with GAAP and state and federal regulations on an institutional basis.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: No prior experience required.
● If an Associate's degree: Two (2) years of experience in accounting or auditing .
● If a High School diploma or GED: Six (6) years of experience as an Accounting Technician, including three (3) years of experience at an advanced level.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent computer skills
● The ability to organize materials and information for optional efficiencies and understanding
● Experience working in a clinical setting is highly desirable
● Experience with a wide variety of current UNC Financial Systems is strongly preferred.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Ped Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.