Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 38176
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Commitment Incentive $15,000 - Paid Over 3 Years
for the independent operation of diagnostic medical equipment to expose complex
diagnostic conditions, and for performing and communicating results of
diagnostic examinations for a variety of ob/gyn scanning procedures
(fetal echo, fetal anomalies, high risk obstetrics).
1. Assists the radiologist in performing invasive diagnostic techniques specialized to maternal fetal ultrasound processes. Provides standardization and training to residents regarding these exams.
2. Consults with patient and evaluates any contra-indications, such as medications, insufficient patient preparation or the patient’s inability, or unwillingness to tolerate the procedure.
3. Performs the ultrasound procedure under general or direct supervision, as defined by the procedure and/or physician. Performs essential maternal-fetal ultrasound examinations, such as; detailed anatomical evaluation, complete fetal echocardiogram, growth assessment, fetal wellbeing (to include biophysical profiles, maternal/fetal Doppler, amniotic fluid assessments), needle procedure guidance, examinations of maternal pelvic anatomy (including transvaginal cervical assessment) and advanced diagnostic 3D/4D techniques.
4. Conducts ultrasonic diagnostic procedures and records anatomical, pathological and/or physiological data for interpretation by a physician.
5. Assists the supervising physician with invasive procedures as required. Analyzes sonography findings throughout the course of the examination so that a comprehensive exam is completed and sufficient data is provided to the physician.
6. Recognizes situations or abnormalities that require the direct observation of the real-time scan by the radiologist.
7. Images structures while simultaneously obtaining Doppler signal and recording images and Doppler shift recordings along with patient information for interpretation by a radiologist.
8. Advises radiologist and/or referring OB provider of results of the examination and provides preliminary information regarding diagnostic evaluation of the maternal-fetal scans.
● Completion of a twelve (12) month program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography / General Ultrasound or equivalent certificate program is required.
● Must be American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) Registered in OB and OB GYN and Fetal Echocardiography (FE).
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience performing complex ob/gyn or vascular scans.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: UNC MFM at Vilcom Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.