Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 39244
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Pharmacy Benefit Medication Assistance Program (MAP) Pharmacy Access and Solutions Technician provides support related to medication access, utilization and optimization. The Pharmacy Benefit MAP team is responsible for prescription benefit prior authorization support and co-pay assistance enrollment for outpatient prescriptions with the goal of navigating payer associated coverage approval requirements and mitigating patient financial toxicity. The technician has a high level of autonomy working directly with patients, prescribers, payers and other members of the healthcare team. The position identifies and initiates process development and improvement activities with emphasis on providing high quality patient care and customer service
1. Maintain current knowledge of service line applicable regulations and external support services
2. Proactively identify and analyze opportunities for intervention and seek solutions to customer concerns encountered both inside and outside of the department
3. Utilize internally developed systems, the electronic health record (EPIC) and commercial vendor software to document and track patient eligibility, prescriptions, patient communications and program enrollment
4. Document and communicate findings to the patient, provider and pharmacies per internal operational standards in a timely and professional manner
5. Provide support to develop and utilize processes that improve operational workflow to positively impact patient care and optimize clinical processes.
6. Respond to and resolve pharmacy-related inquiries from members, clients, providers, or pharmacies related to medications. Appropriately triage inquiries to relevant team members when additional expertise is required.
7. Assist in training for new employees and pharmacy learners
● HS diploma or equivalent.
● Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
● CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years of pharmacy technician experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Amb. Pharm Care Network - MAP
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.