Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 39964
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
NC Heart and Vascular is located in Raleigh, is seeking a RN to join our team of professionals serving cardiovascular patients in a physician practice setting. The positon is 40 hours/week M-F 8:00a-4:30p, the office is closed on nights/weekends/holidays. Our team is comprised of individuals that deliver exceptional patient care through positivity, compassion and teamwork. UNC/Rex offers opportunities for Registered Nurse career advancement and provides an environment that is fun and family oriented. Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs variety of nursing duties for patients in Nuclear Medicine.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Verify ordered tests, drugs needed to perform test, and obtain appropriate consent.
3. Inform patient of procedure guidelines and explain all aspects of the procedure with patient and family members as necessary.
4. Review and obtain patient medication list and enter into EMR system. Maintain records of radioactive material use. Start IV on patients. Help patient with treadmill and/or any side effects from pharmaceuticals given for stress test.
5. Prep patients for stress testing, placing electrodes, initiating EKG. Monitor vital signs during test. Monitor EKG recording during test. Remove IV and disconnect electrodes, EKG upon completion of test.
6. Perform Quality Assessments for patient satisfaction surveys, cath correlations.
7. Order supplies for crash cart and pharmaceutical stress testing.
● Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
● Must have NC RN Licensure.
● BCLS;ACLS;RN NC LIC
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One year of nuclear technology experience in a clinical setting preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Demonstrated excellent communication skills. Effectively interact with patients and their families, showing sensitivity to patients' physical and psychological needs. Knowledge of anatomy and physiology to pinpoint area for nuclear test. Knowledge of nuclear equipment and testing. knowledge of safety hazards to nuclear testing, including equipment, body mechanics and patients movement.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex NCHV - Raleigh Clinic
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.