Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 39489
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Summary: Plans, designs, coordinates, and evaluates clinic and/or hospital operations. Responsible for input, coordination, and ongoing financial oversight of the department budget.
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
1. Financial Stewardship--Develops and submits budgetary requests on or before stated deadlines. Monitors and analyzes budgetary trends. Implements strategies to increase revenue/decrease costs and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply and equipment resources. Makes necessary adjustments to ensure goals are achieved and/or meet budget projections. Recognizes opportunities for increases in productivity, cost savings, and revenue generation.
2. Human Resource Stewardship/Management--Effectively recruits, selects, hires, coaches, and uses appropriate corrective actions with staff in accordance with UNC HCS policies and procedures. Maintains accountability for annual competency assessment of staff. Creates an environment conducive to retaining staff, and to learning. Provides staff with accurate annual performance feedback and the opportunity to set developmental goals. Conducts and documents regularly recurring staff meetings at which pertinent information such as policy and procedure changes are communicated. Encourages staff to celebrate successes, express concerns and identity opportunities for improvements. Implements strategies to improve employee satisfaction inclusive of strategies to involve employees in decision-making.
3. Leadership--Aligns work unit goals with organizational strategic direction. Participates in formation of strategic goals at the departmental level. Demonstrates corporate citizenship by participating in activities external to assigned work unit/departments. Demonstrates active support of organizational initiatives. Accesses and utilizes appropriate administrative/ clinical/financial systems. Acquires and maintains quantitative skills for data analysis. Leads in change efforts for improvement in work quality.
4. Provides quality services that meet regulatory/accreditation requirements. Delivers safe, effective services. Analyzes sentinel events and errors and develops and implements strategies to address the conditions that contributed to these situations. Monitors unit(s) performance and ensures scores are showing improvement. Monitors quality of work product for work unit/sector. Maintains familiarity with applicable rules, regulations, and accreditation issues. Ensures work unit is in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and accreditation issues. Participates in activities designed to monitor and improve compliance.
● Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Administration or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of clinical or business operations experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: UNCFP Operations
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.