Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 40517
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for managing a wide range of complex, confidential, and administrative duties for the President of a UNC Health entity. Oversees the planning, coordinating, and directing of activities associated with the
overall operation of the President’s office. Exercises discretion and independent judgment in matters of importance and ensures the general operations of the executive office are functioning to maximum capacity. May supervise other members of the Executive administrative team.
1. Develops operating procedures and systems to ensure effective and efficient executive office operations. Organizes and maintains contracts and other essential documents for the assigned entity.
2. Develops presentations, to include general preparation, identifying resources, collateral and presentation materials, equipment needs, producing communications and presentations to be used by the President.
3. Schedules offsite travel, creates meeting agendas, and develops presentations on behalf of the President. Manages and maintains the President’s calendar, obtaining and providing needed information for scheduled appointments and serving as a gatekeeper for meeting requests.
4. Prepares correspondence and other materials on behalf of the President. Develops materials using considerable judgment based on the needs of the President while maintaining confidentiality. Gathers and reports on defined operational metrics for both the executive office as well as for the entity supported.
5. Participates in Executive and Leadership Team meetings through the preparation of agendas, packets, documents and general record keeping. Develops documents and communication for various requests, reports, letters and resolving routine problems.
6. Manages and supervises routine and special projects for the President and ensures appropriate follow through actions. Collaborates with other team members in the planning and development of internal and external projects.
7. Represents the President with internal and external stakeholders, including public officials, community leaders, and the general public. Serves as principle contact for and liaison with stakeholders at various levels to include board members, other executives, and outside officials.
8. Performs Human Resource oriented tasks, including participating in the hiring process, training of new employees, performance reviews, ongoing training of other employees, resolving employee problems and following defined policy/procedure around general supervision. May supervises other administrative staff members in the President’s office.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● With a Bachelor's, requires three (3) years of administrative or project management support at the senior executive level.
● With an Associate's, requires seven (7) years of administrative or project management support at the senior executive level.
● With a high school diploma, requires eleven (11) years of administrative or project management support at the senior executive level.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Core-Competencies Communication Skills, Customer Focus, Interpersonal Skills, Functional & Technical Expertise
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Administration Staff
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.