Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 38472
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Clinical Manager for System Outpatient and Retail Pharmacy has overall accountability for the leadership, strategic direction, and operations for the outpatient pharmacies and applicable meds to beds operations located at UNC Pharmacy at Eastowne, UNC Pharmacy at Panther Creek, Rex Pharmacy of Raleigh, and Johnston Health Outpatient Pharmacy.
This position leads and nurtures individual team members to meet performance and behavioral expectations. The Clinical Manager develops, implements, and maintains fiscally responsible operations that support day-to-day safe practices within the medication use process and serves as a point of contact for pharmacists and technicians to report workplace feedback. The Clinical Manager will provide direct support to the Pharmacist Coordinators at each outpatient pharmacy and support System Retail initiatives. The Clinical Manager oversees strategic planning and innovation to meet institutional, departmental, patient care, and regulatory needs including capital and operating budgets for individual cost centers while ensuring compliance with Federal and State Laws and Regulations pertaining to OSHA, Joint Commission, URAC, and policies and procedures set forth by the Department of Pharmacy and the NC Board of Pharmacy. The Clinical Manager participates in the educational and research endeavors of the Department and provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care on an as needed basis. The Clinical Manager exercises leadership responsibility in order to meet the needs of patients, physicians, and staff in a manner consistent with UNC Health’s values, mission, and core standards of behavior.
The Clinical Manager is expected to act independently to address, mediate, and resolve issues within the outpatient pharmacies, and staff within the outpatient pharmacies twice a month to be the expert on all operational components. Immunization certification is preferred.
1. Leads the development of processes necessary for the smooth operation of their area of responsibility. Anticipates needs for pharmacy clinical and operations services and assumes a leadership role in meeting those needs.
2. Provides program level management as well as shift specific management in areas of responsibility. Performs supervisory responsibilities through selection, training, evaluating, counseling, and corrective action of staff.
3. Demonstrates active leadership internal and external to the Department of Pharmacy as an active member of pharmacy department committees, multidisciplinary hospital committees and/or professional association committees.
4. Proactively seeks opportunities to improve performance and customer satisfaction and implements processes to minimize waste. Builds and maintains relationships with key individuals and solicits feedback regarding pharmacy performance. Develops policies and standard operating procedures and/or clinical decision support in response to Clinical, Operational, Financial drug use needs. Prior to implementation of new policies and guidelines, ensures that appropriate communication and staff education have occurred.
5. Provides clinical or operational leadership through in-service programs and/or publications for health care providers on appropriate drug use, the medication use system, and/or drug policy.
6. Provides clinical and operational pharmacist services to patients as required.
7. Teaches students, residents and new pharmacy staff and participates in scholarly activities.
8. Ensures and audits compliance with federal, state, local and institutional policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
9. Supports the development of budgets and financial stewardship goals. Monitors financial and productivity performance and addresses variances in area of responsibility.
10. Demonstrates clinical or operational expertise through publications, presentations, committee activities, and/or program development related to improvement of patient care and advancement of pharmacy practice.
● Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy.
● Eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in NC. Licensure from NC Board of Pharmacy required within 6 months of orientation date or sooner if required for operations.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three years pharmacist experience or equivalent required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HCS Pharmacy Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.