Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 39181
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Under supervision, supervises the activities of all employees involved in the Nutrition and Food department areas of patient services, sanitation, cafeteria services, food production and nutrition support.
1. Ensures all policy and regulatory standards are met, including health regulations and JCAHO standards. Remains current and compliant with ServSafe Manager Level Certification according to the statutes of the state of North Carolina.
2. Establishes own work plan and priorities, using and/or modifying established procedures. Assists in the development of plans, methods and procedures for improving the overall operations of the department, including quality improvement processes.
3. Interviews, hires, trains, schedules, and evaluates food service staff. Makes recommendations for disciplinary action up to termination as necessary. Maintains appropriate records.
4. Maintains high standards of sanitation throughout the work areas. Enforces a "clean as you go"policy and proper food handling. Ensures a safe work environment issues work orders for repairs.
5. Manages staff in accordance with Hospital's personnel policies and holds others accountable for the same. Schedules staff. Is responsible for employee time and attendance, payroll and other records as assigned.
6. Participates regularly in supervisory and other meetings and holds staff meetings as necessary and in accordance with departmental expectations.
7. Responsible for recipe development, food preparation, food presentation, distribution to service sites, proper holding of foods to be served and utilization of leftovers. Ensures staff are using safe food handling and proper cooking techniques, and that diet restrictions are being followed. Supervises all merchandising, temperature and taste testing of all food items records results.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years food service experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: NFS Production Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.