Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 33618
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides medical and non-medical supplies to patient care areas by inventorying and restocking of carts. Responds to supply requests and manages inventory.
1. Provides medical and non-medical supplies to patient care areas by inventorying and restocking of par carts. Checks the accuracy and delivery of low unit of measure orders. Delivers stat items promptly. Issues and processes storeroom items as needed when the luom program cannot supply specific items due to backorders. Assist patient care provider by helping to determine appropriate need and communicates unit supply issues with Coordinators, Manager, and staff.
2. Responds to request for supplies by phone, walk-in or tube system in a courteous and timely manner making sure paper work exist for the relieving of inventory.
3. Assures that patient charge forms are picked up from units and are processed for patient charging accurately.
4. Conducts cycle counts and year-end inventories and helps find and eliminate discrepancies in the inventory. Assures inventory levels and on hands are correct through accurate disbursement of products.
5. Transports freight to the staging area and stocks the Stat Room inventory with shipments making sure all items are in assigned locations. Delivers products to internal and external departments in a timely way using the hospital vehicles and secures products by strapping, bracing or padding to prevent damage.
6. Checks freight against the packing slip and purchase order making sure the products ordered have been received.
7. Delivers crash carts and difficult cath carts to units as requested and returns used carts to Distribution. Inventories the carts using the par level form and picks the stock from the storeroom to replenish the carts. Checks expiration dates on all relative products and the laryngoscopes functionality in the crash carts. Audits carts as requested checking for stocker's signature and date.
8. Assist departments as requested in returning un-needed products and works with Buyers to ship back products to the vendors. Prepares items for return using the shipping couriers database.
9. Cooperates with management and co-workers to carry out and foster a team concept throughout the department.
10. Exemplifies quality performance and customer service through helpfulness, telephone courtesy and accuracy. Adheres to all policies and procedures to maintain an environment of safety for internal and external customers.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Professional Experience Requirements:
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Distribution
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.