Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 41545
Location: Mayodan, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.UNC Rockingham Health Care- Urgent Care West has an excellent opportunity in a community practice located in northern-central, North Carolina!
Details About the Opportunity:
• Address- 6701 North Carolina Hwy 135, Mayodan, NC 27027
• Convenient, Walk-in Care provided for non-life threatening needs to both adult and pediatric patients
• Open 7 days a week: Monday- Friday 9:30 am- 7:30 pm, Saturday 10 am-6 pm, Sunday 10 am-4 pm.
• Common needs treated often include- respiratory conditions, digestive conditions, urinary conditions, skin conditions, lacerations and sprains, drug testing, IV fluids, x-ray and lab testing
• Full-time, 1.0 FTE
• No call
• Excellent clinic staff and leadership support
• Benefits Include- Paid CME days & reimbursement, paid annual leave (vacation), matching 403 b, malpractice, competitive health/dental/vision insurance, Short and long term disability, group life insurance
About the Organization:
UNC Rockingham Health Care is a 108-bed community hospital in Eden, NC dedicated to preserving excellent and compassionate care close to home for residents in Rockingham, Guilford, Caswell, Pittsylvania and Henry counties. UNC Rockingham joined the UNC family in early 2018 along with several local practices. UNC Rockingham West joined the UNC family with the hospital and is rebuilding its provider based to continue to meet the needs of the community. Providers in this clinic often work independently and thus experience is highly desired.
UNC Rockingham and its affiliates are located in Eden, NC. Eden is a city of fifteen thousand located in Rockingham County, NC in the Piedmont Region. The region is full of beautiful amenities for the small town enthusiast, including: rivers, lakes, state parks, a nostalgic drive-in theatre, restaurants, wineries and breweries. Those in the Piedmont Triad region of central NC are just two hours from the NC Mountains and 3 hours to the coastal area.
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please send your CV for review to [email protected].
1. Provides professional medical services to patients.
2. Exercises independent professional judgment in the care and treatment of patients.
3. Orders and prescribes medical treatment, diagnostic testing, nursing care and other health and medical services. Prescribes medically appropriate pharmaceuticals.
4. Consults and counsels with patients and families. Provides health and medical education to patients and families.
5. Refers patients as needed to appropriate medial specialists and other health care professionals to assure appropriate multidisciplinary care is provided.
6. Documents medical and clinical care in the patient's medial record. Assigns the appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to permit third party insurance billing.
7. Supervises other medical professionals.8. Adheres to the principles of medical ethics.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNC Urgent Care - W Rockingham
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Mayodan
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.