Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 37365
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for day-to-day operations for designated Clinical Care Management Department team(s). Provides management direction to Case Managers, Utilization Managers, Clinical Social Workers, Clinical Authorization Specialists, and Operational staff. Accountable for team Personnel Management, Fiscal Management, Communication, Customer Services, Goals/Outcomes Management, and Quality/Process Improvement Initiatives to ensure high level of quality consistent with organizational standards. Reports to the Assistant Director of Clinical Care Management.
1. Assists Assistant Director in establishing systems, processes, people, and education that will improve internal and external customer satisfaction and positive results for the team, department, and institution. Roles models and leads team staff in supporting and mentoring team in customer service excellence.
2. Communication - Provides regular communication to staff by leading, participating in, and/or overseeing team meetings and team building activities. Participates in committees promoting effective communication between Clinical Care Management and other clinical areas. Role models and leads staff in supporting departmental and institutional expectations in customer service excellence. Develops and maintains positive relationships with key individuals in other hospital departments to enhance team processes.
3. Fiscal Management - Makes team budget recommendations and projections to Assistant Director. Monitors approved budget versus actual expenditures to reconcile as needed to achieve cost effective use of resources. Oversees tracking and trending of team productivity statistics regularly reports team productivity measures to Assistant Director.
4. Goals/Outcomes Management - Collaborates with Assistant Director to establish goals for the team that are congruent with hospital and departmental goals. Reviews performance to ensure staff is meeting or exceeding target outcome goals. Assists the Assistant Director in ensuring the collecting, analyzing, evaluating, measuring, and presenting of clinical care management operational data. Uses data to take corrective action as needed to benefit the team, department, and/or institution.
5. Personnel Management - Manages personnel functions for designated Clinical Care Management Department team staff. Interviews and selects candidates for hiring, coordinates orientation for new staff, develops work plans, conducts performance reviews, recommends compensation, and conducts disciplinary action using hospital and departmental personnel guidelines.
6. Quality & Compliance - Leads continuous quality improvement efforts in conjunction with the department Assistant Director. Helps ensures compliance with regulatory requirements related to clinical care management, TJC and Health Care System policies. Develops appropriate departmental policies and procedures oversees team auditing requirements. Ensures best practices for various team roles.
● Must hold one of the following degrees: MSW, MSN, MHA, MBA, or MHI.
● RN, LCSW, or LCSWA required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of experience in care management, utilization management, discharge planning, care coordination, nursing, or social work required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two (2) years of demonstrated health care leadership experience is also required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Knowledge of TJC, federal and state standards and health care operations
RN required for this specific role
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Care Mgmt-Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.