Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 41555
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation are seeking applicants for an RN Patient Services Manager II. The ideal candidates has experience with management, critical conversations, is a team player, and a strong leader. We are looking for individuals with prior experience in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. This position will have approximately 11 direct reports, which include two social workers, and other clinical support roles.
This position is eligible for a $10,000 commitment incentive. Payment is spread over a 3-year period in six(6) installments. Payment is made after each six (6) month period of work is completed.
This position is responsible for: ensuring that appropriate care and services are available to patients and families, ensuring adequate and appropriate clinical staffing on each shift, supervision of nursing staff, HUC staff and utility aide staff, assistance with annual performance reviews of staff, participation in quality improvement initiatives to address identified patient safety or quality of care issues, providing and facilitating an environment conducive to staff continuing education needs, on-going unit-based educational needs and orientation of staff members.
1. Patient Care - Ensures that appropriate care and services are available to patients / clients and families. Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration in patient/client care planning. Ensures appropriate clinical staffing and skill mix for patient care. Supervises team of professionals / paraprofessionals which may include nursing staff, health unit coordinators, nursing assistants and utility aides.
2. Human Resource Services - Effectively manages human resources. Creates an environment conducive to recruiting and retaining staff. Applies organizational policy and procedures in hiring, promoting, transferring and terminating staff. Provides staff with annual performance feedback and opportunity to set professional goals. Integrates scientific evidence regarding retention of nursing staff into unit planning.
3. Budget Management - Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary goals. Implements strategies to increase revenue and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply, and equipment resources. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes.
4. Accreditation Issues - Ensures that internal and external regulatory standards or nursing practice are met or exeeded. This includes organizational policy and procedures as well as state, JCAHO, Board of Nursing and other specified acreditating bodies. Standards of practice will reflect integration of current scientific evidence.
5. Customer Satisfaction - Ensures high customer satisfaction. Communicates patient satisfacation results, letters and comments to staff and leads monthly initiatives to improve consumer satisfaction with care and services. Advocates for consumers within the organization, particulary for vulnerable or at risk populations.
6. Quality Improvement- Leads and participated in quality improvement initiatives that focus on identified patient safety or quality of care deficits
7. Education-Creates an educational environment conducive to student learning, staff continuing education, and orientation of new staff members. Accountable for annual competency evaluation of staff that ensures staff has the knowledge and skills to care for the specified patient population.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Eighteen (18) months of professional nursing experience in a tertiary care setting to include didactic and clinical experience in the area of assignment.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM P M & R Amb Care
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.