Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 41364
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Summary: Provides a variety of services associated with orthopedic casting procedures to patients, their families, and other health care providers. Patient care is performed in accordance with physician's orders, and work is supervised by a physician.
1. Ensures that adequate supplies of plaster, padding, linen, bandages, splints and related materials are available in each procedure room.
2. Ensures that all equipment, including cast saws, cast tables, and assorted hardware (pin cutters, drills, screwdrivers, etc.) are ready and in proper working condition.
3. Ensures that pertinent clinic notes and x-rays are available for each patient. Escorts patient to exam rooms and prepares patient for exam/treatment. Orients patients, enters ancillary orders and directs patients to studies.
4. Instructs patients and families in use and care of immobilizing devices. Reinforces routine instructions given to patients by other healthcare providers. Distributes patient education materials.
5. Observes, collects and documents patient information obtained while providing care. Reports significant changes or pertinent information to licensed personnel.
6. Provides care/treatments to patients as outlined in plan of care including, but not limited to measurement of vital signs, height and weight. Performs skin preps/scrubs and simple wound care and assists with clinic-based procedures. Creates, applies, and removes immobilizing devices such as splints, wet plaster and fiberglass casts.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of direct patient care in a clinical setting including six (6) months of closely related experience
● If employee has certification as a Ortho Tech (NBCOT), no years of experience is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: Orthopaedics - CP II
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.