Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 39241
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs skilled work of moderate to significant difficulty in the installation, maintenance, and operation of plumbing systems, medical gas systems, steam and condensate systems, fire suppression/sprinkler systems and steam boiler systems.
1. Install, repair and maintain all facility plumbing lines and equipment, including hot and cold water and drain lines, sinks, commodes and connecting facilities. Install, repair and maintain fire prevention and containment water lines, sprinklers and system connections.
2. Install, repair and maintain facility steam and condensate lines, steam traps, pressure reducing valves and flash tanks.
3. Install, repair and maintain medical gas systems.
4. May assume lead role and some supervisory duties including field supervision and assignment of work duties on specific projects or maintenance tasks.
5. Perform operational tests on plumbing, steam, sprinkler and medical gas systems in accordance with industry standards, building codes and JCAHO requirements and perform tests to meet state and UNC Hospitals operating and maintenance requirements and parameters
6. Review construction plans and install facilities, equipment and materials in accordance with plans and to meet state, Life Safety and federal codes.
7. Select suitable plumbing and plumbing related materials and equipment to match existing systems and facilities, and install, operate and maintain new systems.
● High School diploma or GED
● If a Driver: Valid NC Driver's license.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of plumbing experience in the installation and maintenance of plumbing systems to include maintenance, installation and development of steam and condensate systems, medical gas systems, boiler systems and fire pump/sprinkler systems.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Maintenance
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.