Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 41846
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Dir Periop Supply & Admin for the Perioperative division of UNC Hospitals has three major responsibilities: supply chain management, including sterile processing and subsequent finance responsibilities related to this area: charge master ownership, surgeon's preference lists, the management/analysis of costs of supplies, and the financial management of the division, including revenues, expenses, and staff productivity as well as operational and capital budgets. Will devise the strategy for the supply chain functions and direct the implementation of the processes of supply, implant, and human tissue management and Joint Commission reconciliation, ordering, receiving and replenishment, and management of the instrument inventories and instrument tracking system, and the report creation and management of the division’s financial results.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Materials Management and Sterile Processing-Responsible for inventory (supplies and instruments) management (owned and consigned). Oversees the Surgical Value Analysis Committee and works toward standardization and reducing duplication and redundancy. Collaborates with HCS supply chain teams to maximize throughput and efficiency and optimize storage and delivery solutions. Manages the consignment and owned physical inventories. Oversees the Periop Value Analysis committee. Responsibilities include planning, organizing, directing and evaluating the supply chain functions and inventory for surgery, including capital and non-salary budgeting, department operations review (DOR) preparedness, and monthly performance metrics. The position supports the patient charge capture process- including bar coding scanning for all implants and human tissue, some charge entry, and full reconciliation of patient surgery charges for the Division. Maintains the Division's supply charge rules and directs surgeon's preference list database management. The director represents the Perioperative Division in hospital and system wide initiatives related to supply chain and non-labor costs. The position also provides oversight (non-clinical) of the sterile processing area (in conjunction with the department manager), including tray components, instrument/equipment procurement and stock, and directs the maintenance of the Censitrac instrument tracking system, its functionality, outcomes and efficiency.
2. Financial Management- Responsible for overall reporting, analysis and planning of departmental financial efficiency related to surgical operations, staffing, supply chain, and sterile processing minimizing on-hand quantities, optimizing just in time, and reducing touches and handling. Includes budget management for salary, instruments, and non-salary consumables (supplies) and service contracts. Consistently analyzes staffing productivity and procurement process, including internal and external acquisition, contributes to contract management and negotiation, evaluates purchase versus lease/rental options, and prepares trending information by service line and departments/sites to assist in broad budget planning and patient and physician support. Conducts complex analysis on large data sets and develops regular and ad-hoc reports and for hospital leadership to assist in the decision-making process; manages the design and creation of complex, dynamic financial models to facilitate decision-making by senior leadership; and researches, collects, manipulates and analyzes data; draws inferences, summarizes and presents key findings to Vice President PeriOp and PeriOp Medical Director.
3. Leading People- Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence and by promoting the organization's vision internally and externally. Delegates’ responsibility clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Leads in a deliberate and predictable way and operates with transparency. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Develops the ability of others to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods. Manages and resolves conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
4. Leading Change- Acts as a catalyst for organizational change. Influences others to translate vision into action. Brings about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Establishes an organizational vision and implements it in a continuously changing environment. Is open to change and new information and rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Deals effectively with pressure and remains optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. Recovers quickly from setbacks.
5. Results Driven- Exceeds organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Fosters a culture of safe and compassionate patient care. Makes well informed, timely decisions and provides information to peers and the Vice President to steer their decisions appropriately, even when data are limited or solutions produce unfavorable results. Positions the organization for success by identifying new opportunities and builds the organization by developing and improving services. Leads the budgeting process. Uses cost-benefit thinking to set priorities, monitors expenditures in support of programs and policies, and identifies cost-effective approaches.
6. Compliance- Responsible for compliance analysis. Maintains a comprehensive system of audit and internal controls concerning charge reconciliation, purchasing and Charge Data master maintenance. Ensures instrument inventory management and collaborates with the clinical team (OR and CPD managers) for efficient delivery and use of trays. Ensures consistent tray rationalization, standardization of inventory lines and products, removal of obsolete inventory items and redeploying of usable instrument inventory to support surgery. Provides a mechanism for tray sharing and delivery among the clinical sites. Ensures a process exists for instrument repairs, sharpening and complete working order for delivery to the operating and procedure rooms. Participates and conducts inventory and cycle counts to ensure consistent and manageable levels, minimizing overages and depletion of obsolete items.
Master’s degree (MHA or MBA preferred) in relevant field (Finance, accounting, business, operations).
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Seven (7) years of progressively responsible related work experience and operating room and materials management within a large integrated healthcare environment, including years (5) years in a supervisory role.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Surgical Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.