Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 41955
Location: Cary, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Wellness Centers is looking for an engaging and energizing candidate to teach youth fitness classes, lead summer camps, and participate in seasonal weekend youth events. If you enjoy inspiring and working with the youth population to stay active and healthy this position is for you!
During the year this position might include teaching a youth group fitness class during the weekday or weekend, a 7 weekday camp in the summer, and seasonal/occasional weekend youth events on the turf field.
• Organize and lead a variety of small and large group activities each week. Activities may include crafts, swimming, recreational sports, indoor Rockwall climbing, and outdoor turf games.
This also includes transitional times.
• Ability to serve as a positive role model and mentor
• Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your youth participant’s safety and their whereabouts at all times.
● High school diploma or equivalent.
● Associate’s degree or two (2) years or more of full-time college coursework equivalent preferred.
● First aid and CPR training and certification upon 30 days of employment.
● Lifeguard Certification preferred
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Education classes or experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Belay at indoor Rock Climbing Wall.
● Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities. Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision. Strong organizational and communication skills.
● Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in camp activities which include, but are not limited to, swimming, team building initiatives, belaying on the Rockwall, physical games, and activities. Must have the ability to physically support children when needed for safety in general camp activities (child weighing 50 - 200 pounds).
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Northwest Cary Wellness Center
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Cary
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.