Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 42266
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Certified Technician provides support to the pharmacist by reviewing, compounding and dispensing medications. All work is carried out under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist. Pharmacy techs with hospital experience are eligible for a commitment incentive, $3000 over18 months. Pharmacy Techs without hospital experience are eligible for a commitment incentive, $1500 over 18 months.
1. Compounds and/or prepares medications (sterile products, oral, topical, controlled substances, etc.) including high-risk medication processes as defined by the entity, as authorized by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
2. Delivers exchanges medications to the respective patient area and returns unused medications to the pharmacy.
3. Documents pharmaceutical activities including patient billing for medications and equipment, quality control requirements, etc. using automated and paper systems. Ensures accuracy of data.
4. Responds to and triages requests from customers for assistance with pharmacy services such as medication delivery, drug information, etc.
5. Operates and supports automated dispensing technology to supply correct medications for individual patients, according to pharmacist and physician orders.
6. Orders, receives, restocks, and rotates inventory, and completes expiration date management.
7. Assists with training of new employees, educating them in job-specific functions.
8. Contributes to process improvement projects.
9. Completes regulatory compliance inspection of medication storage areas, including inspections and/or controlled substance inventories, USP797 and other regulatory documentation as required.
● High school diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy technician training program preferred.
● Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.·CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prior pharmacy technician experience is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: RHC Pharmacy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.