Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 40266
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of a section of the Respiratory Care Department. Employees are responsible for staff supervision and training, budget projection and monitoring, and program development and improvement.
1. Assists with developing/maintaining departmental operating and capital budget.
2. Collaborates with the Department Director and other colleagues in establishing policies and procedures.
3. Identifies and acts on opportunities to improve department and organizational processes using Lean methodologies.
4. Communicates and ensures staff comply with all hospital and departmental policies.
5. Instructs and trains staff in areas of expertise related to Respiratory Care procedures, advances in technology, or changes in policy
6. Provides all facets of Respiratory Care to patients. Promotes own individual clinical expertise to physicians, nurses and Respiratory Care staff in assigned areas.
7. Provides direct supervision to caregivers and support staff. Interviews candidates for hiring, orients and coaches staff. Conducts performance reviews and provides corrective action when appropriate. Keeps/maintains personnel records of direct reports and ensures that they meet work standards.
● Bachelor's degree in a related field.
● Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner by the North Carolina Respiratory Care Board and registered by the National Board of Respiratory Care.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of experience as a Respiratory Therapist.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Respiratory Therapy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.