Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 40556
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Oversees laboratory services and personnel in an outpatient or off-site laboratory setting. Provides human resource functions, scheduling, triaging and supervision of Medical Laboratory Technicians, Medical Laboratory Technologist and/or Histology Technicians. Reports to the Medical Lab Supervisor II, Medical Lab Supervisor III, Director of Laboratory Services or Associate Chair of Administration.
1. May perform routine or specialized test procedures. Serves as technical resource and subject matter expert to others regarding laboratory services.
2. Oversees the training of all new employees and coordinates continuing education efforts. Responsible for ensuring all staff are fully competent by assessing skill sets and providing additional training and/or corrective action if necessary.
3. Performs quality control and participates in quality/process improvement initiatives. Ensures accuracy and compliance with organizational policies and guidelines and other accrediting agencies.
4. Provides supervision of laboratory personnel. Administers human resources policies in accordance with the health care system's policies. Responsible for Human Resources functions which include recruiting, hiring, performance evaluations, training, counseling and disciplinary action.
5. Reviews test results to ensure accuracy of report and timely correction of errors. Monitors workflow ensuring coverage at all times. Distinguishes urgency and assigns priorities to work. Plans and monitors supplies, reagents and equipment. Meets established turnaround times and productivity levels.
● Bachelor's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Biological Science, or Chemical Science or Associate's degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or other Applied Science.
● MLS/MT (ASCP), MT (NCA) or MT (AMT) Board of Certification required.
● Or, If acting as a Phlebotomy supervisor, Phlebotomy BOC from an accredited agency is acceptable.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelor's degree, four (4) years of relevant experience.
● If Associate's degree, eight (8) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Phlebotomy Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.