Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 42006
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center Hillsborough
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Is consulted for their expertise in the clinical or operational practice area and supervises a team and/or program in a pharmacy specialty area.
1. Supervises the activities of a clinical and/or operational team or program. Responsible for developing and reviewing clinical protocols and operational policies/procedures in a clinical or operational area. May be the NC Board of Pharmacy licensed Pharmacist in Charge.
2. Coordinates a Pharmacy team's/program's activities and documents progress toward approved team/program clinical and operational goals.
3. Develops and maintains a training program for the team. Mentors colleagues to ensure proficiency of all team members as required.
4. Teaches students, residents and new pharmacy staff and participates in scholarly activities.
5. Provides formal and informal work performance feedback to team members, including the preparation and administration of performance reviews as required. Provides formal and informal feedback to include corrective action when necessary.
6. Manages priorities to meet team/program expectations.
7. Creates and/or maintains policies and procedures specific to the practice area.
8. Provides clinical and operational pharmacist services to patients as required.
9. Identifies and implements clinical pathway and/or operational process improvement initiatives to provide optimal care while minimizing cost.
10. Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external partners.
11. Participate in candidate interviews and selection. Conducts candidate interviews and selects appropriate candidates for position vacancies as required.
12. Support compliance with federal, state, local and institutional policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
● Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy.
● Eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in NC. Licensure from NC Board of Pharmacy required within 6 months of orientation date or sooner if required for operations.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years of prior pharmacist experience or equivalent required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center Hillsborough
Organization Unit: UNCH HBO Hosp Pharmacy Retail
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Hillsborough
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.