Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 42374
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Under the direction of department management and according to policies and procedures as defined in the Department Policy and Procedure Manuals, administers respiratory care procedures and treatments designed to assess, prevent, stabilize or remedy patients' respiratory dysfunction. After completion of orientation, functions independently with minimal supervision.
1. Administers standard Respiratory Care including but not limited to, aerosol medication delivery, basic bedside pulmonary function testing, breathing exercises, oxygen therapy, arterial cannulation and arterial punctures. Provides for all aspects of airway management including aspiration of established airways, tracheostomy care, tracheostomy tube changes, endotracheal intubations and extubations. May perform Pulmonary Function Testing as needed.
2. Carolina Air Care - When working with Carolina AIr Care may Transport pediatric and neonatal patients from referral hospitals per UNC Air Care Protocol. May perform respiratory care and advanced practice procedures per UNC Air Care Protocol. These procedures include UAC, UVC, IV insertion, intraoaaeous insertion, Chest Tube insertion, Needle Decompression, ABG?s, Blood Glucose monitoring, and others as deemed necessary by the medical control officer.
3. ECMO When working with ECMO may manage the Extracorporeal circulation for cardiac and respiratory support of patients.
4. May be required to be on-call days, nights, weekends and holidays.
5. May Perform all aspects of ventilator care to include, but not limited to setting up the ventilator and verifying function using specialized ventilator modes to manage the patients disease process. Provide for an appropriate monitoring of these patients and provide appropriate weaning techniques.
6. Maintains and improves job knowledge and skills. Serves as resource to other staff reflective of experience level. Serves as resource for physicians and other UNCHCS staff. Aids in training new staff members, students and new physicians. Provides in-services as required. May assume Charge Therapist responsibilities.
7. Records completely all pertinent information pertaining to patient care procedures per hospital and departmental policies. Records patient information in electronic medical record system.
● Graduation from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
● Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner by the North Carolina Respiratory Care Board and registry eligible by the National Board of Respiratory Care (CRT or RRT). Must be registered (CRT or RRT) within 6 months of hire. BLS on hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Cardiopulmonary Serv
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 12.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.