Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 39310
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Operates equipment to produce finished print material associated with patient care as well as departmental services.
1. Set up and operate bindery equipment and complete tasks focusing on quality, accuracy and timeliness. Including but not limited to:
2. Collating, stitching, scoring, folding, perforating, cutting, drilling, punching, corner rounding, laminating, shrink wrapping, padding, coiling and hand work: inserting, stapling, fulfillment.
3. Read and understand work orders.
4. Understand follow daily workflow schedule.
5. Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with supervisors and fellow team members.
6. Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and balance multiple projects at one time.
7. Perform quality control by examining finished products for accuracy and defects.
8. Perform routine maintenance of equipment such as cleaning, oiling and minor adjustments. Notify a member of management to arrange a service call when repairs are outside the scope of routine/daily maintenance.
9. Transport materials by cart, manually, with pallet jack or by fork lift.
10. Prepare and package materials for shipping.
11. Basic computer skills to complete annual online training, communicate via intranet, create shipping labels, etc.
12. Receive, unpack and store incoming orders.
13. Keep work area clean, organized, and safe.
14. Keep track of inventory and request materials to be ordered.
15. Perform deliveries as needed.
16. Operate digital equipment.
● None required.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience in the printing industry or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Printing
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.