Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 39310
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Operates printing equipment to produce forms, single colored brochures, booklets, advertisements, teaching materials, maps, and all other printed material associated with patient care activities as well as departmental services.
1. Determines necessary supplies and settings. Chooses the color of ink and color and weight of paper to be used.
2. Observes the printing equipment as the job is run to maintain quality control and efficient production. Monitors ink quality and press settings to maintain the correct registration of printed material.
3. Performs, or arranges for, the proper maintenance on printing equipment including cleaning, oiling, adjusting settings, and replacing parts.
4. Pulls the necessary stock and inks, sets the press up and adjusts the settings. Operates printing presses, copiers, and bindery equipment.
5. Receives work orders and consult with customers to clarify orders and to most efficiently complete the request.
● None required.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience in the printing industry or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Printing
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.