Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 42562
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Temporary Full Time
Shift: Evening Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Both MTs and MLTs may apply to this job posting
**This is a direct employment opportunity**
Traveler's Support: UNC Caldwell
Available shift: 1:00pm-9:30pm (Monday - Friday)
MLT Non-Benefits Eligible Option Agreement duration is 13 weeks (with the ability for one 13 week renewal) Hourly Rates: $51/hr
MT Non-Benefits Eligible Option Agreement is 13 weeks (with the ability of one 13 week renewal) Hourly Rates: $54/hr
**UNC Caldwell is located in Lenoir, NC (Caldwell County)**
Serves as a Temporary Travel Medical Lab Tech to perform beginning level of patient testing and administrative tasks in support of the clinical activities in the UNCHCS.
Must have experience in the following:
1. Instructs patients in preparing for tests that require fasting. Answers patient questions regarding the tests.
2. Maintains equipment and investigates problems with equipment.
3. May assist in teaching Clinical Laboratory Science students and Pathology residents and training of new employees.
4. May monitor daily operation of laboratory section or work area.
5. May participate on teams or individually perform special projects/assignments.
6. Performs a variety of routine and standardized tests using standard techniques and equipment. Prepares specimens, resolves specimen problems, and performs analytical tests. Labels and stores specimens.
7. Prepares reagents and assists in the preparation of standard and control materials. Monitors levels of reagents and assists in maintaining supplies.
8. Records results of tests and maintains records. Provides test results, reporting deviations from the norm to supervisor or ordering physician.
● Associate's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Laboratory Technician, Chemical Science, or Biological Science
● Bachelor's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Laboratory Technician, Chemical Science, or Biological Science
●If Associate's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Laboratory Technician, then must be ASCP or AMT Board of Certification eligible and must receive BOC within a year.
● If Associate's degree in chemical or biological science, Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP) or MLT (AMT) Board of Certification (BOC) required.
If Bachelor's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Laboratory Technician, then must be ASCP or AMT Board of Certification eligible and must receive BOC within a year.
● If Bachelor's degree in chemical or biological science, Medical Technologist (ASCP) or MLT (AMT) Board of Certification (BOC) required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● None required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Caldwell
Organization Unit: Caldwell Internal Agency Program
Work Type: Temporary Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening
Location of Job: US:NC: Lenoir
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.