Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 40942
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Bariatric Surgery Coordinator is a clinical leader providing oversight for the Bariatric Surgery Program.
1. Serves as a liaison for bariatric patients; works collaboratively with physicians and other departments to help obtain/expedite recommendations from physicians and other health team members for timely and appropriate patient care.
2. Refers patient/family to the appropriate resources/services based on their needs assessment.
3. Provides education, support and necessary resources for patients and their families; coordinates appropriate referrals for needed services.
4. Conducts educational classes/talks in collaboration with outreach programs and participates in community events highlighting the diagnosis and options for obesity.
5. Facilitates Rex staff education and serves as a resource for staff.
6. Maintains current knowledge of accreditation standards from regulatory bodies and communicates appropriately with the Bariatric Medical Director and Rex Leadership.
7. Prepares multi-disciplinary team and facility for the bariatric accreditation program survey. Updates applications for bariatric specific insurance recognitions.
8. Keeps service line informed of accreditation requirements, program strengths and opportunities for improvement.
9. Assists and serves as a secondary to the Bariatric Clinical Reviewer to ensure all data requirements are being met from regulatory bodies.
10. Participates in accreditation activities such as, tracer rounds, mock surveys or applications under the direction of the Manager of Accreditation.
11. Assists in preparing the multi-disciplinary team for Joint Commission, DHSR, CMS, and other regulatory agency surveys and achievement of accreditation or corrective action plans
● BSN Required.
● Certified Bariatric Nurse is required within 3 years of role performance.
● RN NC LIC; BLS
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two to three years experience with bariatric surgery patients required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret accreditation standards. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of patients and employees. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to coordinate care provided by multiple services. Effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to make quality, independent decisions; willingness to learn the concepts and technical skills necessary to contribute to the continued success of this program.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Quality Programs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.