Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 42601
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Customer Analytics and Intelligence Leader delivers advanced-level analyses and insights that enhance organizational decision-making with a high degree of impact. The CAI is a senior-level analytics professional who leads innovative reporting and data visualization development in partnership with stakeholders and analytics teams. The CAI serves as a liaison between clinical / business units and central analytics. Data Governance Stewardship role commitments are expected.
The Customer Analytics and Intelligence Leader has advanced proficiency in SQL, data visualization software. They have basic proficiency in data architecture and may have novice proficiency in software like R or Python. Primary responsibilities for the role include healthcare analytics, scorecard & dashboard development, data development, project management for key initiatives, stakeholder requirements gathering, communications and presentations, mentorship, and training.
• Lead measurement design around different stages of the customer journey
• Evaluate data streams to provide leading indicators and key consumer journey metrics
• Must be forward-thinking, inquisitive, analytical, and able to derive relevant, actionable insights from various data sources that ultimately drive increased revenue and membership.
• Utilize a variety of resources to monitor competitive market by specialty service, segments, etc.
• Develop and maintain reports that evaluate marketing efforts • Influence, shape, and challenge critical business decisions by leveraging the power of data and analytics, synthesizing pieces of information into concrete recommendations
• You will be responsible for analyzing consumer trends and identifying gaps and opportunities.
• Distill findings into growth strategies that will be utilized by all departments within the organization
• Educate the organization about consumer & marketing analytics, protocols, and implementations
• Define the necessary analytics infrastructure
Preferred Candidates will have:
• Effective communication skills with business leaders/ability to craft compelling and understandable stories from the data
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or another related field
• 6-10+ years of analytics experience in direct-to-consumer businesses, strategy, consulting, marketing/customer/product analytics, data science, or equivalent fields
• Experience with Tableau a plus • Expertise working with Python, R, or other statistical software
• Proficiency in SQL
• Experience working with data visualization tools
• Experience with setting marketing objectives, marketing measurement
● Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelor's degree in general degree, five (5) years of experience
If Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (i.e. Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Analytics, etc.), requires three (3) years of experience
If Master's degree, requires three (3) years of experience
If PhD, requires one (1) year of experience
If Associates, requires eleven (11) years of experience
If High School degree, requires thirteen (13) years of experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● - SQL advanced proficiency
- Data Viz software and UI design advanced proficiency
- Understands the importance and is capable of leveraging existing reusable data sources for visualizations and analytics before creating their own. When creating new assets they have the ability to make it reusable. Advanced proficiency of optimizing reusable data sources for visualization and analytics
- Fundamentals (basic proficiency) of data architecture
- R/Python (other stat software) novice proficiency preferred
- Stakeholder requirements gathering and presentation skills required
- Analytics or multidisciplinary team facilitation or project management at an intermediate proficiency level is preferred
- Exemplifies UNC Health System Values
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Consumer Insights
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.