Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 39929
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Part Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This will be a pediatric position.
Plans, coordinates and implements Music Therapy interventions in accordance with JCAHO standards and with hospital and department policies. Facilitates and carries out treatments designed for pain management, development of coping skills to deal with illness, injury or diagnosis of a disease.
1. Consults with team members related to the use of music to meet the individual patient needs. Plans, develops, coordinates and evaluates specialized programs for specific clinical service areas.
2. Evaluates patient progresses towards treatment goals and responses to treatment interventions, and adapts as necessary. Facilitates techniques for pain management, development of coping skills to deal with illness, injury or diagnosis of disease.
3. Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement and Quality Assurance activities in accordance with JCAHO standards and with hospital and department policies. Participates in the design and implementation of research projects conducted in the Department.
4. Plans for all needed musical resources and coordinates program scheduling with co-workers and other disciplines. Participates in outreach activities related to the Music Therapy program.
5. Plans, creates, and conducts individualized music therapy interventions for patients taking into account specific patient needs and interests, resources needed and appropriate health, safety, infection control and risk management procedures to assure patient safety and therapeutic/rehabilitative benefit.
6. Receives physicians orders and individually assesses/evaluates patients in order to prescribe appropriate treatment interventions. Analyzes assessments, medical history, allied health disciplines evaluations, and patient interview and formulates treatment plan for patient.
● Bachelor's degree in Music Therapy or related field which includes an internship.
● Certified Music Therapist by the Board of Music Therapists.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience in the field of Music Therapy.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Rec Therapy & Child Life Peds
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.