Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 40735
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Oversees day-to-day activities of the assigned program for the UNC Health Care System. Responsibilities include planning and administration, managing financial development, monitoring and reporting program progress to ensure fulfillment of the program objectives.
This role will manage and execute land entitlement, planning and permitting work for the Real Estate Development & Facilities department. The Land Entitlement Program Manager will take a lead in maintaining ongoing communications between the Real Estate department leaders and local jurisdiction planning department staff and advisory boards. Direct experience with land entitlement or local planning department work is a preferred. A sound understanding of land use policy documents and guidelines is preferred. This role will also support large capital project planning and activation work as needed to help achieve UNC Health’s strategic growth priorities and positively impact the communities we serve.
1. Analysis Analyzes and resolves complex issues to maximize efficiency. Ensures all proper internal controls are in place to safeguard assets of the system and satisfies internal and external regulatory requirements. Develops and monitors operating and capital budget.
2. Communication and Relationships Works with peers to identify and analyze opportunities for improvement. Implements processes to identify, implement and ensure standardization decisions occur with minimal disruption to patient care or administrative activities and creating solutions.
3. Financial and Business Planning Provides analytical and strategy support for the assigned program. Performs analytics, provides business insight into implications of findings, develops business plans, and recommends opportunities for improvement.
4. Program Administration Plan, coordinate and administer activities of assigned program to include developing, implementing, and administering related procedures, processes, services and systems.
5. Strategic Planning Interface with all UNC Health Care entities and effectively communicate strategies, successfully elicit support and provide assistance implementing those strategies.
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Health Administration or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five (5) years of program/project management experience required.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Real Estate and Facilities Adm
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.