Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 42880
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The UNC REX Labor and Delivery OR cares for patients during labor, delivery and recovery post-childbirth. They also care for high risk antepartum and postpartum patients. This unit consists of a 3 bay OBED, 20 labor rooms, 3 ORs, and 3 PACU bays. Nurses on our unit circulate C-sections on expectant mothers, working with Physicians and the support of Nursing Assistants and Surgical Technicians. UNC REX has a dedicated team of OB Hospitalists who provide fast care and assessment or emergency services for patients during pregnancy or labor and delivery. We also partner with many private practice OB/GYNs and CNMs.
Summary:Performs nursing assistant and unit secretary tasks for perinatal units.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
2. Prepares, maintains, and disseminates unit reports according to guidelines and as requested.
3. Transcribes, documents, and transmits physician orders and other pertinent information.
4. Prepares and maintains the patients medical record.
5. Requisitions supplies and submits patient charges.
6. Answers telephone and intercom calls and provides information or relays messages to patients/families and member of the health care team. Directs visitors to patients' rooms.
7. Performs activities of daily living for or with patients.
8. Provides transport for patients to designated areas within the facility.
9. Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
10. Completes specified Nursing Assistant tasks.
11. Communicates pertinent patient information to appropriate person(s).
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Completion of an accredited Nursing Assistant Training program and listing with the Nurse Aide Registry with the Department of Facility Services.
● Requires certification as a Nursing Assistant I. BCLS certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Previous Secretarial/Nursing Assistant experience in clinical specialty preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex 3 Womens
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.