Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 42718
Location: Clayton, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the daily operations of the administrative office, including scheduling and coordinating administrative operations and serving as the primary contact for administrativestaff on office issues. Essential duties and responsibilities are listed below. Other duties as assigned.
1. Monitors time and attendance activity of administrative staff, records information in personnel records, notifies immediate supervisor of trends and enforces policies.
2. Ensures all staff are provided adequate training and training needs are addressed in a prompt, accurate manner.
3. Assists immediate supervisor in the recruitment of new staff and ensures temporary staffing needs are addressed in a prompt and satisfactory manner.
4. Exercises an open door policy and actively encourages staff to approach their supervisor with questions or problems concerning work expectations and operations.
5. Ensures administrative area is appropriately staffed at all times to handle patient volume in the call center, check-in area, check-out area, and referral area.
6. Ensures all personnel matters are handled in a fair, confidential and prompt manner.
7. Monitors cash collection rate to ensure staff are collecting co-payments, co-insurance and prior balances at time of service.
8. Ensures all patient charges are entered into EPIC within one business day from time of service and all patient charges for the month are entered by the end of the month.
9. Serves as a liaison between patients and patient accounting to resolve billing concerns.
10. Answers patient calls or encounters regarding service delivery issues in a prompt, friendly and accurate manner.
11. Creates and maintains a safe environment for patients, self, co-workers and facility.
12. Orders general supplies in a prompt and cost effective manner, complying with budgetary standards.
● High school diploma or GED. Associate's degree preferred.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● A minimum of 4 years of management/leadership experience.
● Prefer previous work experience in a clinical setting and working knowledge of patient billing and front desk operations in a clinical office environment.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific andtechnical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond tocommon inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, ormembers of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles forpublication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectivelypresent information to top management, public groups, and/or boards ofdirectors. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical conceptssuch as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability toapply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution,determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlationtechniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis. Computer Skills: Ability toeffectively utilize practice management system, Word, Excel, Power Point, andOutlook. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientificthinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to dealwith nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes,etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract andconcrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNC Urgent Care - Flowers
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Clayton
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by UNC Physicians Network Group Practices, a private, for-profit subsidiary of UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.