Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 40364
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides comprehensive psychology services to recipients of the Bariatric Surgery and Medical Obesity team with duties to include evaluations, clinical consultation, patient and family counseling (e.g., understanding of bariatric surgical procedures and medical obesity care pathways, emotional adaptation to disease, adjustment to procedures, adherence to medical regimen), and collaboration during team meetings, multi-disciplinary conferences, regarding patient management strategies.
1. Collaboration - Act as a team member with the medical staff, nursing, and other ancillary support services in the NC Surgery Bariatric Surgery and Medical Obesity division at UNC Health Rex. Participation in multidisciplinary conferences, support groups, and other departmental activities/meetings.
2. Continuous Quality Improvement - Participate in quality assurance, utilization review, and performance improvement programs.
3. Education - Provide professional guidance and input during the development of new policies, formulation of new protocols, procedures, and programs. Provide professional consultation and participation in all aspects of accreditation, licensure and certification requirements.
4. Patient Care - Provide psychological evaluations and follow up consultation for bariatric surgery and medical obesity and their families.
● Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology.
● Currently licensed as a Psychologist and eligible to practice in the state of North Carolina or within three months of start date.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Bariatric Surgery experience highly preferred but not required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex NC Surgery-Bariatrics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.