Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 43185
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
UNC Physicians Network is presently seeking a BC/BE Family Medicine Physician to join our network at UNC Family Medicine at Wakefield! UNC Family Medicine at Wakefield is a full-service family practice clinic, providing care to both pediatric and adult patients.
1. Provides professional medical services to patients.
2. Exercises independent professional judgment in the care and treatment of patients.
3. Orders and prescribes medical treatment, diagnostic testing, nursing care and other health and medical services. Prescribes medically appropriate pharmaceuticals.
4. Consults and counsels with patients and families. Provides health and medical education to patients and families.
5. Refers patients as needed to appropriate medial specialists and other health care professionals to assure appropriate multidisciplinary care is provided.
6. Documents medical and clinical care in the patient's medial record. Assigns the appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to permit third party insurance billing.
7. Supervises other medical professionals.
8. Adheres to the principles of medical ethics.
UNC Physicians Network (UNCPN) includes primary care providers, as well as physicians in a wide range of specialties and sub-specialties. Being part of UNCPN means a partnership with the UNC Health Care System. Our approach to health care is forward thinking and provides not only the stability of a strong network, but also continued autonomy. Practices function as a network but are recognized individually. Because the network is physician-led, we factor the needs of the practices and physicians into the operating model. Additionally, as a physician-led organization, we provide an opportunity for providers to participate in network governance and leadership. We bring diverse areas of expertise to your practice, allowing you and your staff to focus on what you do best – providing excellent patient care. Practices affiliated with UNCPN have access to additional operational support, specialty and sub-specialty care providers and the health care system’s electronic medical records system. Your patients will benefit from increased resources within our integrated health care system.
● Active member of the Rex Hospital Medical Staff, including meeting the Board Certification requirements. Graduation from an accredited school of medicine.
● None required.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNCPN Wakefield Family Prac
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.