Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 37641
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides expert telecommunications activities for continuous monitoring of hospital facilities and during emergency situations requiring the coordination of information to multiple police, fire and rescue agencies as well as medical personnel.
1. Communications Systems and Documentation Receives screens, prioritizes and documents incoming and outgoing emergency and non-emergency police calls using police telephone and radio communication equipment. Provides information and assistance to callers in a pleasant, calm and sensitive manner. Documents all calls promptly and legibly using the dispatch log system.
2. Information Collection and Distribution Obtains accurate information from the caller upon answering the phone or radio. Prioritizes Disseminates and Transmits accurate information in a timely manner to hospital police and/or hospital security services and requests additional assistance as needed from local police or fire agencies. Refers non-law enforcement matters to appropriate departments or personnel. Enters pertinent information into (CAD) Computer Aided Dispatch system, generates and distributes reports in RMS report writing system. Conducts want and warrant searches, identity checks, registration checks and vehicle owner information. Maintains contact with all police officers, security, and employees assigned police radios on assignment maintains status and location of all field units. Analyzes situations accurately and takes effective action to help assure officer and public safety.
3. Monitors Fire Alarm Systems Acts as a 24 Hour Liaison for Simplex Fire Emergency Calls (Outside Facilities). Conducts Fire Drills Documents all Fire Alarms and Fire Drills within the Hospital Complex Monitors and dispatches officers according to written protocol for all Hospitals Fire Alarms Acknowledges, Signal Silences and Resets Fire Alarm Conducts Overhead Pages for Fire Alarms Receives Elevator Emergency Calls
4. Regulated High Priority Monitoring systems Monitors State and Federal regulated systems and areas via Camera/Security Alarms and dispatches officers for a Security Breech. Receives Alarms from regulated Central Monitoring stations. Knowledgeable with regulated Security/Environmental Alarm Response Policy, Protocol and Procedures. Communicates with Outside Agency Central Monitoring to resolve alarms. Pages/Contacts the Incident Action Team for immediate alert/notification.
5. Surveillance and Alarms Operates and maintains surveillance and alarm systems. Monitors multiple video monitors and various alarm systems. Operates electronic access system, as requested. Participates and assists in documentation of Panic Alarm, Hugs Infant Abduction System testing. Documents/Reports deficiencies for security systems testing Documents Work Request for Plant Engineering Department as required.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No experience is required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Hospital Police Department
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.