Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Job ID: 42059
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides quality and organizational excellence by leading cross-functional quality and process improvement initiatives. Serves as mentor to specialists and analysts. Influences leaders and leads complex improvement projects. Supervise specialists, analysts or administrative support staff.
1. Leader and Influencer of complex quality and process improvement initiatives. Key advisor who leads organization-wide projects that are aligned with organizational vision and goals. Strategic partner to departments. Serves as mentor and may supervise Specialists, Analysts and administrative support staff. Serves as organizational consultant to Health Care System executives.
2. Develops innovative solutions that provide competitive advantage. Provides vision for future development phases. Amplifies capabilities through mentoring to other departments across the organization. Organizational consultant to HCS executives.
3. Identifies ways that TM&T can be applied to create new business/growth opportunities. Develops the case which illustrates the benefits to the organization. Conducts on-going studies and research of TM&T that are relevant to business improvement/growth. Engages vendors, consultants, and content experts to evaluate current, planned, and possible TM&T. Able to train Lean Six Sigma trainers and/or other improvement methodology trainers. Leads the development of Lean Six Sigma training materials and/or other improvement methodologies training materials.
4. Identifies ways to improve customer support through system wide methodologies. Defines metrics and reporting which permits solutions to be measured and improved. Ability to create an environment where Customer Service thrives through motivation and excellence.
5. Identifies ways to improve project team performance and determines how next implementation can be accomplished more effectively. Identifies methods for improving the project management process across HCS. Has skill set and responsibility to lead ?operations? or ?executive? committees.
6. Leads highly complex and difficult improvement processes. Evaluates new business opportunities. Mastery of basic statistical concepts, tools and techniques and working knowledge of advanced topics (e.g., linear regression, logistic regression, DOE, etc., seeking continued learning on advanced topics (e.g., simulation, etc.).
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
● No licensure or certification required.
● Requires completed portfolio and must have one member of the Quality committee (or designee) on interview team.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Five (5) years of experience in quality team facilitation, project management, process improvement or quality data analysis.Clinical Experience associated with leading quality improvement efforts may be assessed as equivalent to direct quality improvement experience both in determining minimum requirements, as well as level of experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong leadership skills, ability to influence leaders and lead complex projects. Facilitation skills and presentation skills.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: OQE Performance Improvement
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
Learn further E-Verify details in E-Verify (English) or E-Verify (Spanish).
UNC Health supports your right to work. View the Right of Work Statement (English) or Right of Work Statement (Spanish).
View the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (English) or the KNOW YOUR RIGHTS (Spanish)posters.
View the PAY TRANSPARENCY (English) or the PAY TRANSPARENCY (Spanish)Nondiscrimination provision posters.
View the Federal Workplace poster. View our EEO/AA Policy Statement.