Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 42578
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Summary:Top-ranked in the nation, UNC Family Medicine provides patient-centered primary care, conducts groundbreaking research, cares for communities, and trains the best and the brightest young doctors and primary care providers. We provide full-scope patient care for babies, children, adolescents, and adults throughout the life cycle, including the provision of maternity care. We provide extensive services for physical health, emotional wellbeing, nutrition, and acute care, including sports medicine. Our three locations are The UNC Family Medicine Center at Chapel Hill (central location where we also have an Urgent Care Clinic), The UNC Family Medicine Center at Durham, and The UNC Family Medicine Center at Carraway Village. We are proud to serve our amazing, diverse UNC community and ALL the people of North Carolina. Learn more at: uncfamilymedicine.org
Processes incoming telephone communication for large high-volume practice. Telephone call handling consists of scheduling appointments, re-directing calls appropriately and taking detailed messages for provider and staff members, so they can respond efficiently and effectively to patient needs. Successful candidate will be able to meet call volume goals through time management and computer dexterity. Ability to cover front desk as needed.
1. Expedites non-routine purchases for departments as delegated. May maintain inventory of supply
2. May train others using verbal and written communication
3. Performs more complex scheduling of providers, staff, facilities, home care and/or patients (involving critical meetings or multiple medical procedures as an example). Coordinates meetings, workshops, and other events, including travel, based on predetermined needs.
4. Prepares and maintains basic financial records
5. Prepares complex forms, reports, presentations and other documents requiring a higher level of proficiency with software. Creates, proofreads or edits correspondence and documents for internal and external circulation based on existing templates.
6. Procuring and filing records, researching lost or missing records, and posting information to records or ledgers in accordance with established procedures and systems. Checks records to verify accuracy and compliance with rules and procedures of appropriate system. Resolves discrepancies by contacting appropriate office to obtain information on source of discrepancy and correcting any errors.
7. Registering patients and completing encounter forms. Collecting patient payments and insurance information and making proper referrals to financial departments. May contact insurance companies directly to verify/determine eligibility. May also verify previous balance owed to UNCH.
8. Represents UNCHCS with internal and/or external entities in regards to budget, payments, collections, inventory to accomplish organizational goals.
9. Serves as a second level of response to customer inquiries and complaints in person, by phone and/or electronic communication. This may include working with third party providers.
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of clerical or administrative experience.
● If Bachelor's degree, no years of experience is required
● If Associate's degree, no years of experience is required
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Customer Focus: makes the customer and their needs their top priority and goes the extra mile to satisfy their customers. Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer problems. Technical expertise: understands the technical aspects of one’s job. Effectively uses Microsoft office products in order to produce reports and documents. Demonstrates the ability to learn and master the scheduling system Coachability: Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embraces continuous improvement Accountability: Manages performance to meet expected results. Works to meet the internal/external customer requirements. Fiscal responsibility: Understands the insurance process and seeks to make the best decision/referral in the interest of the customer. Conflict Resolution: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Finds agreement on issues and follows through on implementation
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Amb Care-FPC-Other-F
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.