Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 42564
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Serves as Respiratory Therapist and assists in coordinating staffing and training activities for other therapists in the department.
1. Implements appropriate pulmonary education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient with full consideration of patient safety needs.
2. Supervises the activity of the clinical staff.
3. Provides objective performance evaluations of the clinical staff.
4. Coordinates clinical staff scheduling.
5. Coordinates and supervises orientation of new respiratory care personnel.
6. Assists in the determination and implementation of cost effective procedures.
7. Recommends new policies and procedures, and revisions of such to the manager.
8. Responsible for the clinical proficiency of the respiratory care staff.
9. Coordinates cardiopulmonary continuing education events for the respiratory care staff and allied health personnel.
10. Participates as a cardiopulmonary resource liaison in hospital related committees, training sessions and other activities.
11. Maintains accurate department records.
● Bachelor's Degree required within 3 years of hire. Prefer candidates with Bachelor's upon hire.
● RRT with adult and neonatal intensive care experience required. ACLS , BCLS , NRP , PALS , RRT
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Requires three (3) years of previous related experience in the field of respiratory therapy.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information, professional journals and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to write reports and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members and groups of managers. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Respiratory Care
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.