Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health teammates also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 43349
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides direct patient care within the scope of practice for the Licensed Practical Nurse. Processes privileged patient health information, processes physician orders, returns patient calls, and other duties as assigned. Candidate will be working directly with a provider in office, including with patients and covering in-basket work. Office experience a plus and Epic experience a huge plus. Candidates will need to be open to travel to Raleigh, Holly Springs, and Cary.
1. Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
2. Demonstrates competence in patient care skills within the scope of practice for the Licensed Practical Nurse to include assisting with exams and procedures, administering medications, reinforcing patient education, and other procedures as directed by the RN or physician.
3. Documents care provided in the patient's medical record.
4. Processes orders, returns patient calls, and notifies patients of diagnostic results as directed by the physician.
5. Assists with the maintenance of adequate supplies, and performs and documents medical equipment safety checks.
6. Maintains compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures. Participates in unit performance improvement activities.
7. Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors. Exhibits effective communication skills and team work.
● Completion of accredited practical nursing program.
● BCLS , LPN NC LIC
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Previous physician office experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Digestive Health
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.