Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 43538
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Serves as a principal roles in implementing and supporting department business systems, including the role of defining and maintaining the configuration of complex systems to continually meet the operational requirements of the department. Serves as the liaison between the end-users, vendors and information services for business application system issues.
1. Defines and maintains the configuration of a system to continually meet the operational requirements of the department and/or is able to alter operations to meet the capabilities of an existing system.
2. Documents detailed business processes and associated application processing. Assists in development of detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
3. Formulates/defines scope and objectives for department systems development and implementation. Acts as business expert and assists users in defining needs. Devises or modifies procedures to solve application problems, considering equipment capabilities and limitations, and form of desired results. Acts as principal liaison between the user community, vendors and Information Services on problem solving and improvement to new and existing operational systems.
4. Participates in system wide initiatives to improve efficiency and reach institutional goals/objectives
5. Participates in testing existing and new systems to verify correct functionality. Tests and validates appropriate processing of new releases and added functionality on departmental systems. Analyzes implications for inclusion into the system. Assists in development of test scripts. Works with Information Services to coordinate the updates, releases and new versions.
6. Prepares financial/operational analysis materials for departmental and institutional planning and process improvement. Identify through data analysis, opportunities for improvement in business or application processing. Participates in the planning and establishment of departmental reporting.
7. Provides business process and application support to users. Analyzes and interprets program or system problems and determines and initiates appropriate corrective action. Communicates as necessary with vendors and Information Services to resolve problems.
8. Provides training for users, providing tips and techniques of using systems applications for desired results. Coordinates employee training for new system implementation. Assists with workflow modifications.
● Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information System Management, Math/Science or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: One (1) year of progressively responsible experience working with information systems.
● If an Associate's degree: Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience working with information systems.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Nine (9) years of progressively responsible experience working with information systems.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Care Access - Support
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.