Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Current employees, looking to refer someone? Check out our Discovery Employee Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current employees, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For employee referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Current UNC Health employees also now have access to our myCareer - Career Development Resources, which provide tools and guidance to employees to create a career plan.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Job ID: 43705
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Director of Home Health directs the operations, programs, and services of Home Health or Hospice. Responsibilities will include budget, management, overseeing nursing team and office staff, providing growth for the facility, and promoting team work to providing the best quality of patient care.
1. Home Health/Hospice Operations- Establishes interdisciplinary teams to plan for and address issues with changing patient care delivery system and services. Identifies when a team needs additional resources and collaborate with managers to assign more team members. Provides guidance and follow-up with the team to ensure that any changes are implemented as planned. Develops and implements standards of practice within areas of responsibility that enhance quality of services provided and ensures compliance with regulatory agencies by remaining current on these regulations and informing others of updates and/or changes needed. Collaborates with clinical managers in overseeing clinical teams and in planning for area(s) of responsibility. Guides and counsels coordinators and clinical supervisors to assist them in improving all aspects of home care or hospice services provided through the staff.
2. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Delegates assignments, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence. Works collaboratively toward solutions that accomplish organizational objectives.
3. Leading Change - Initiates and manages the change process, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace. Communicates a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process. Clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change to all involved parties. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to move the change forward. Obtains and provides resources to implement change initiatives. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
4. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and is committed to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor overall financial status of operations.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● Clinical license (either as PT, OT, or RN) by the State of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four (4) years of clinical experience, including two (2) years in home health management/administration or hospice management/administration.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNC Homecare Admin
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.
View the Federal Workplace poster.